Your adventure starts here

Find My Caravan


Once you’ve chosen the right motorhome for you and worked out how you’re financing your purchase, the next thing to tick of the list is arranging motorhome insurance. Unlike towing a caravan, you can’t simply drive a motorhome on your car insurance – you will require a specialist motorhome insurance policy. 

Read on to find out more about motorhome insurance, the different coverage levels and the things you should consider!

Insure Your Motorhome - Caravan Guard - Tamar Caravan Centre
Insure Your Motorhome - Caravan Guard Mobile - Tamar Caravan Centre


There are three different levels of motorhome insurance to choose from, each offering different levels of cover. As with car and home insurance, the more comprehensive policies are costlier, so it’s important that you choose the right amount of coverage for your needs and budget.

  • Third-Party Only: This is the lowest level of cover offered and it strictly covers third party damage or injury caused by you whilst driving. In order to legally drive a motorhome in the UK, this is the minimum level of cover you’ll need.
  • Third-Party Fire & Theft: In addition to the elements covered in the third party policy, this level of cover also protects you against damage caused by fire and theft.
  • Fully Comprehensive: As the name suggests, this is the most comprehensive level of cover available. This type of policy provides cover for third party damage and injury, as well as a wide range of incidents, including accidental damage, fire, theft and vandalism.

As motorhomes (and campervans) are vehicles you can also live in, when you insure them, you’re typically covering the contents as well as the vehicle itself. Check the specifics of your policy to see whether you are covered. If not, you’ll need to take out a separate policy. It’s best to work out how much contents cover you require by estimating the worth of your equipment and the things you’ll be taking with you so that you know how much coverage you’ll need. 

Please note, unless you’ve declared the vehicle as SORN, you’re legally required to have a motorhome insurance policy.


Motorhome Insurance: Image of a Pilote Motorhome on a mountain road.


Whilst we do not sell motorhome insurance policies, we can recommend a few insurance providers.


  • Caravan Guard: This provider offers campervan and motorhome insurance policies, with a number of benefits to protect your vehicle and cover it whilst you’re touring in the UK or Europe – or whilst it’s being used by family and friends.
  • Safe Guard: With a variety of campervan and motorhome insurance policies available, this insurance provider offers comprehensive cover for caravans and vehicles up to 10 years old, with UK and EU coverage and optional breakdown cover.

For more information about our products and services, please call 01752 341133 or email us.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list now to receive a up to date product information and the latest updates.


You have successfully subscribed - please keep an eye out for your DISCOUNT CODE!

Shopping cart
There are no products in the cart!
Continue shopping